Scholarships are available to Northeast Lakeview College students through the generosity of donors to the Alamo Colleges Foundation. For over 20 years, donors have provided funding for scholarships for students attending all of the Alamo Colleges located in Bexar County.
Additionally, since being established, Northeast Lakeview College has been the recipient of numerous funds to support students attending Northeast Lakeview College. Also, through the National Science Foundation, mathematics majors at Northeast Lakeview College can receive up to $9,000 annually. Below is a listing of those scholarships designated for specifically for Northeast Lakeview College students.
Army Residence Golden “K” Kiwanas Scholarship Fund
The intent of the Army Residence Community Golden “K” Kiwanis Scholarship Fund is to provide scholarship opportunities for students who are entering their second year of college at NLC.
E.F. “Smiley” and Sandra Williams Endowed Founders Scholarship
The E.F. “Smiley” and Sandra Williams Endowed Founders Scholarship award was established to encourage males to enter the field of education.
Firstmark Credit Union Endowed Founder’s Scholarship
This scholarship was established by Firstmark Credit Union to support the continuing education of students enrolled at Northeast Lakeview College.
Jordan Ford, Ltd. Founder’s Scholarship
This scholarship established by Jordan Ford, Ltd. is dedicated to providing financial support to students seeking higher education at Northeast Lakeview College. (Note: First priority will be given to employees of Jordan Ford, Ltd. and their dependents. Second priority will be given to individual from the community majoring in Business and Finance.)
National Science Foundation Mathematics Scholars 2015 Scholarship
This NSF-funded scholarship is for mathematics majors who are academically-promising and who qualify for federal financial aid.
Randolph- Brooks Federal Credit Union Founder’s Scholarship
Randolph-Brooks Federal Credit Union has established this scholarship for the expressed purpose of developing scholarship opportunities for students pursuing a college education at Northeast Lakeview College.
Schertz Cibolo Optimist Club and Northeast Lakeview College Annual Scholarship
The Schertz Cibolo Optimist Club is dedicated to “bringing out the best in youth,” promoting the growth and economic health of the local communities, and committed supporting worthy high school graduates who seek to pursue a college education at NLC.
Scholarships at Northeast Lakeview College
At Northeast Lakeview College, students are eligible to be considered for Alamo Colleges Foundation, Northeast Lakeview College and federally-funded scholarships. One application annually allows students to be considered for all of the scholarships that they are eligible for.
General Scholarship Eligibility
To apply for a scholarship at Northeast Lakeview College, students must
· Be enrolled at Northeast Lakeview College
· Be enrolled full-time or part-time (12+ hours is full time)
· Be pursuing an Associate Degree, Certificate of Completion, or plan to transfer
· Have and maintain a GPA of 2.00 – 4.00
· Maintain satisfactory academic progress as required by Student Financial Services.
Refer to: http://www.alamo.edu/district/schships/policies.aspx
· Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for need-based consideration.
Apply at www.fafsa.ed.gov
· Be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen
· Not be related to any Alamo Colleges Board of Trustees or Foundation Board Members
Please refer to www.legis.state.tx.us/tlodocs/80R/billtext/html/SB01325S.htm
Applying for Scholarships
· Applicants must apply annually between January and April 15th
· If applying for a departmental scholarship, obtain details from the academic department
· Complete the online application: https://wwwsecure.alamo.edu/scholarship/application.aspx
· Some scholarships are awarded based on financial need. A completed FAFSA (www.fafsa.ed.gov) must be on file in the Northeast Lakeview College Financial Aid office if a student wants to be considered for any of those scholarships.
· Transcripts – New, high school seniors and transfer students must submit a transcript/GED certificate to complete their scholarship application.
Selection of Recipients
Scholarship judges will review, rate and rank scholarship applications. Scholarship judges are Northeast Lakeview College faculty, staff, and community leaders. Each scholarship application is scored by a minimum of three judges who consider the applicants’ GPA, academic plans, involvement in extracurricular activities, leadership skills, participation in community service, and responses to the essay questions.
Notification of Award
Students selected to receive a scholarship will be notified by email or by mail by late May. Scholarship recipients are required to sign an award letter and write a thank you letter to the donor.
Some scholarships are renewable. These scholarships will be renewed on a semester-by-semester basis as long as the recipient maintains the scholarship criteria. Recipients will be notified at the time of the initial award if their scholarship is renewable.
Revocation of Award
Northeast Lakeview College and the Alamo Colleges Foundation reserve the right to cancel any scholarship at any time if the recipient fails has falsified any reported information of it the recipient fails to maintain satisfactory academic progress or the scholarship criteria.